letgo’s number one priority is and will always be our users’ safety and satisfaction. We want you to have a great experience buying and selling on letgo, so take a look at the tips below before you start hunting for a laptop or list that bike you never use anymore:
· There are millions of great deals on letgo, but be wary of listings with unrealistically low prices, catalog photos, or other photos that obviously haven’t been taken by the user. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
· Always check a seller’s profile page (the same goes for potential buyers).
· If you have any doubts about a user’s authenticity, find another seller/buyer. There are millions of them on letgo!
· Please familiarize yourself with your local government’s current restrictions, and take the proper precautions to protect yourself and others. For safety, and if local restrictions allow, we recommend meeting in a public place during the day. Learn more about letgo's COVID-19 response here.
· The best way to complete a transaction is to exchange the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card/check to pay someone in advance.
· Make sure information on the condition of the item, price and payment method is clearly outlined and agreed upon prior to meeting.
· Before paying for something and completing the transaction, inspect the item and check that everything matches the seller’s description.
· Never give out your personal financial information to make or accept a purchase.
· Avoid certified/cashier checks and money orders.
· Test an item to make sure that it works properly before purchasing it, especially if you’re purchasing electronics, a car, a bike, or something similar. Note: When purchasing vehicles, always verify the vehicle identification number (VIN) and consult third party sources that can check the vehicle’s history for theft, damage and identification.
· If you think you are a possible victim of a fraudulent or offensive user on our app, please report this user immediately so we can investigate further and take appropriate action.
letgo’s app has been downloaded millions of times with millions of items posted for sale. The vast majority of letgo’s users are trustworthy and online classifieds have been used securely in the U.S. and around the globe for decades. Even so, always take the proper precautions, as you should anytime you buy or sell online.